The Bluff Point Primary School Board is made up of parents, staff and community members who meet twice a term to formulate the school’s educational objectives and priorities. The aim is to make it possible for all members of the school community to share in making decisions about the school’s educational environment.
School Board members:
- endorse the Delivery and Performance Agreement (DPA);
- endorse and regularly review the school’s one-line school budget and business plan;
- review the school’s performance through receiving regular reports and data on student achievement;
- determine satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students during the life of the DPA, with results reported in the annual school report;
- endorse the annual school report;
- formulate codes of conduct for students at the school; and
- review general policy directions.
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, service and facilities;
- extra cost optional components of educational program, and
- with the approval of the Director General or her delegate, take part in the selection process of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff.